Skip to main content

India Bans 59 Chinese Apps!!



India on Monday banned 59 Mobile Apps including popular Apps like Tik-Tok,Uc browser etc,saying they were prejudicial to the sovereignty,integrity and security to the Country.In a statement Ministry of Electronic and IT said it has received many complaints from various sources,including several reports about misuse of some mobile apps available on Android and IOS platforms for "stealing and surreptitiously transmitting users data in an unauthorised manner to servers which have locations outside India"

"The compilation of these data,its mining and profiling by elements hostile to national security and defence of India, which ultimately impinges upon the sovereignty and integrity of India, is a matter of very deep and immediate concern which requires emergency measures" -statement said.
The government has also banned apps of Chinese handset maker xiaomi like Mi community  and Mi video call .Currently Xiaomi is the India's largest handset brand.
The It Ministry said it has invoked its power under section 69A of the It Act and rules,and has decided to block 59 Apps in view of information available that they are "engaged in activities which are prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India,defence of India,Security of state and public Order".
The move will "safeguard the interests of crores of Indian mobile and internet users. This decision is a targeted move to ensure safety and sovereignty of Indian cyberspace", says Ravi Shankar Prasad ,Union Minister for Electronics and Information Technology.
The Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre, Ministry of Home Affairs, has also sent an exhaustive recommendation for blocking these malicious apps, the statement said, adding that there has been a strong chorus in the public space to take strict action against apps that harm India's sovereignty as well as the privacy of citizens
"On the basis of these and upon receiving recent credible inputs that such apps pose threat to sovereignty and integrity of India, the Government of India has decided to disallow the usage of certain apps, used in both mobile and non-mobile Internet enabled devices"
"There have been raging concerns on aspects relating to data security and safeguarding the privacy of 130 crore Indians. It has been noted recently that such concerns also pose a threat to sovereignty and security of our country," added in the statement.


If these banned apps place their servers in India and give assurance to the data stored in their servers they may come again in India.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neuralink: Elon Musk unveils pig with chip in its brain

  Elon Musk has unveiled a pig called Gertrude with a coin-sized computer chip in her brain to demonstrate his ambitious plans to create a working brain-to-machine interface. "It's kind of like a Fitbit in your skull with tiny wires," the billionaire entrepreneur said on a webcast. His start-up Neuralink applied to launch human trials last year. The interface could allow people with neurological conditions to control phones or computers with their minds. Mr.Musk argues such chips could eventually be used to help cure conditions such as dementia, Parkinson's disease, and spinal cord injuries. But the long-term ambition is to usher in an age of what Mr.Musk calls "superhuman cognition", in part to combat artificial intelligence so powerful he says it could destroy the human race. Elon Musk reveals brain-hacking plans Gertrude was one of three pigs in pens that took part in Friday's webcast demo. She took a while to get going, but when she ate and sniffed ...

Microsoft to Phase out Support for legacy browser Internet Explorer in Upcoming year

From the upcoming year, Microsoft 365 apps and services will no longer support Internet Explorer. Microsoft is bidding farewell to Internet Explorer 11 as well as Microsoft Edge Legacy. The company will be withdrawing support for the browser in a phased manner. Starting November 30, the Microsoft Teams web app will no longer support Internet Explorer 11. By August 17, 2021, the browser will no longer be supported by the remaining Microsoft 365 apps and services. Meanwhile, it is also ending support for the Microsoft Edge Legacy desktop app on March 9, 2021. After this date, the desktop app will no longer receive new security updates. Microsoft has reportedly been planning to cut support for the Internet Explorer brand for quite some time now, a move which first became apparent in 2015 with the company rolling out the new Edge browser under the codename 'Project Spartan'.

SpaceX Internet service Starlink asks for people to try it out

SpaceX is inviting users to receive updates on when the Starlink beta launches Prospective customers are asked to provide email addresses and zip codes Eligible users will receive a user terminal that captures satellite signals The beta is expected to launch later this summer or early fall  SpaceX is now inviting people to register their interest in the Starlink satellites and the internet services they will provide, as the company prepares to roll out the beta tests for the Starlink low-earth orbit (LEO) internet service. The Elon Musk-owned aerospace company intends to provide high speed internet connectivity from the Starlink constellation of satellites. It is expected that there will be gigabit speeds on offer, which for the rest of us means up to 1Gbps internet speeds, with the fairly low latency of up to 25ms. Starlink plans to offer these internet services for around $80 per month, which is priced at par if not lower than similar speed broadband plans in most countries, incl...